Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Red shirted again (sigh)

Another year, another surgery.  This time it's a torn rotator cuff/bicep.  No skiing for another couple of months.

I had a couple of days early - once in the Sierra backcountry, once inbounds at Rose.  My hopes for a fat early season were dashed.  Now I'm holding out hope for some stellar spring corn, but so far Ullr seems to be pretty damned stingy.

The Rubies are dismal right now, to say the least.  I saw a couple of guys up Terminal Cancer yesterday - my only thought was "why????"  Ruby Mountain Heliski at least has the advantage of access... the storms have helped them for a few tours but they're having to scrounge, too.

Just to remind myself that a) I can still ski, and b) snow will exist in my future, here's a photo from last season by my friend John Shaefer, taken at Alta.  I wasn't strong enough last year after all the knee and hip rebuilds for the variable conditions that populate the backcountry, but I could still turn 'em in stellar inbounds snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment