Friday, February 15, 2013

The difference between pros and rank amateurs

I got an e-mail a couple of days ago from a gentleman who had found the blog and who had done a Monday ski trip up Terminal Cancer. As it turns out, two of the members of that party have posted up fantastic on-line accounts of their trip, including an excellent professional write-up on their analysis process for determining whether the trip was a go/no go due to avalanche conditions. I sincerely hope that those who visit this blog looking for TC information follow this link. It could save your life.

http://utahavalanchecenter.org/blog-terminal-cancer

And - speaking of pros - one of their group was a professional photographer who took some magnificent photos of their tour. I think I do an OK job with my little pointy-shooty camera. This guy, though - wow. What an eye.

Craig Wolfrom's blog

Here: Just to encourage you to click the link... there are lots more photos where these came from.





1 comment:

  1. Sue, I was one of that crew. Got a question for you about another aspect of Thomas Canyon history. Can't find your email address (link on profile leads to outlook set up, which I don't wan't.
    blase.reardon atthat gmail.com
    Hope you've recovered from shoulder surgery!

    ReplyDelete